Work With Us!
Part-time, Approx 25 to 30 Hrs per week
Salary: $58,000 per annum, pro-rated
application deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020
Openly is a certified B-Corp™ company living into our impact goal of elevating the hearts and work of a million change makers by 2025. We exist to support leaders across the social purpose, public, nonprofit and philanthropic sectors in achieving lasting social impact. The Openly Coordinator plays a key role in realizing our commitment to excellence in living our vision, mission and values as a social purpose enterprise.
As a core, multi-dimensional function within the organization, the Coordinator’s key contribution will be in bringing excellence to Openly’s operational effectiveness and efficiency. The Coordinator will report directly to the Business Owners, and be responsible for the day-to-day administration of business operations and special projects. The Coordinator will also play a key role in the development of the Openly Platform, providing the data and insight needed to inform strategic decisions about the company’s capacity and plans for growth.
Success for the Coordinator looks like:
- Commitment to excellence and to the evolution of structures and systems that enable both stability and growth
- Curiosity to explore and support realization of Openly’s social purpose and impact goals
- Initiative and follow through on all activities and projects
Administrative Duties (70%)
- Enhancing administration of business operations and client projects (e.g. scheduling, meeting logistics, ensuring time and expenses are tracked appropriately)
- Preparing quarterly project management reports
- Developing and maintaining CRM system
- Ensuring procurement practices follow Openly policy
- Maintaining software licenses, and assessing whether software solutions are right-sized for the organization
- Coordinating resources for the Openly Platform
- Collecting and preparing relevant data to maintain our B-Corp Certification
- Contributing to the measurement and reporting of Openly’s contribution and impact
- Collaborating with team members, platform partners and clients
- Participating in regular management meetings with owners to provide updates and inform of any potential issues
- Coordinating and participating in Openly team meetings
- Coordinating team initiatives in support of the achievement of our corporate and social purpose goals
Project Support (30%)
Supporting evaluation and strategy projects including:
- Supporting data collection and entry
- Communicating with clients and other external project stakeholders
- Coordinating work with team leads and other team members
- Ensuring close attention to detail and timelines
- Communicating and working collaboratively with project teams
- Passion to drive change and make a positive social impact
- Understanding of our business and strategic aspirations along with a commitment to be an active contributor in achieving those aspirations
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative, supportive way with cross-functional teams
- Experience with data entry, record keeping and report preparation
- Professionalism in working with senior executives, knowing how to position conversations and navigate relationships with acuity
- Technological proficiency and comfort working in a virtual office
- Creativity, adaptability, and comfort with emergent strategy
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
Openly operates virtually with team members in various cities. The Coordinator can work from a home office or anywhere with a strong internet connection and cellular reception that enables them to be available and to work effectively and efficiently (including quiet space that is suitable for tele- & videoconference meetings). All staff provide their own phones and laptop with appropriate software and security applications. A shared office at The Junction in Guelph is also available.
Most work will be conducted virtually. Meetings with the executive and team members will usually take place online/by telephone. Some in-person meetings will be required within Ontario. Openly will reimburse pre-approved travel and accommodation expenses.
What We Offer
Openly is committed to a healthy, vibrant work environment that allows everyone to thrive.
- An opportunity to work with a company that has the expertise and heart of a big player combined with the spirit and flexibility of a startup
- A team that dreams big and strives to never settle for anything less than great
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Strong belief in work-life balance
- A unique culture of teamwork and fun
- Summer sabbatical
To apply for this position please submit:
i) a cover letter telling us why you are the right fit for Openly and this position; and
ii) a resume highlighting your relevant experience and skills.
Please direct your resume and cover letter to email@example.com